The Donor Engagement Manager is responsible for cultivating Habitat for Humanity International Nepal’s relationships with its key international donors and supporters throughout the world, to ensure that they maintain a vibrant and meaningful connection that results in multi-year contributions to our work. This position will need to (a) write compelling, accurate and informative stories, proposals, and updates to be sent or posted through various media; (b) prepare and deliver live presentations to present Habitat’s work to local audiences, visitors, and occasional international events; and (c) plan and lead well-designed international donor experiences in Nepal. Therefore, the ideal candidate will be a confident communicator, fluent in English (written and spoken), highly organized, proactive, and experienced in working with western cultures.
Donor Engagement Manager
Cultivate Donor Relationships (45%): Develop and execute year-round partnership strategies to increase visibility and fund-raising opportunities for Habitat for Humanity Nepal. This position currently raises more than US$1 million per year and expected to grow this amount annually. Establish and build strong individual relationships with US Habitat Affiliates, Habitat headquarter donor channels, Area Office donor channels, Global Fund Network (GFN) and individual donors, to cultivate strong year-round engagement through giving. This includes development of concept notes, proposals, stories, thank you notes, special occasion cards and maintaining a calendar of communications and events.
Special events (20%): Coordinate and host special events such as Legacy Builds, Celebrity and Ambassador events, special donor engagement tours to bring awareness and commitment to the mission of Habitat Nepal.
Communication materials (15%): Coordinate and collaborate with the Program Department to develop appealing concept notes and proposals. Write and build content together with the Comms Department.
Analysis (5%): Provide quality effective analysis of US Affiliate and GFN funding priorities, and identify key new and existing supporters to engage and enhance donor and youth connections.
Representation (5%): Represent Habitat Nepal to the wider Habitat family and locally via frequent public speaking, presentations, and networking activities.
Other (10%): Habitat Nepal has a strong collaborative culture and contribution to other activities and programs will be required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Fluency in spoken and written English (native-level)
- Ability to craft compelling articles, letters, short proposals for various types of donors and prospective donors
- Ability to write a human interest story from facts and data.
- High level of awareness in relating and working with international audiences – understanding of what is appropriate and relatable.
- Highly organized with the ability to co-ordinate and lead a team of international visitors to Nepal
- Competent in Nepalese (Reading and speaking)
- Ability to interact with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds
- Computer skills: Excellent in Word, Excel, PowerPoint (Microsoft Office Package)
- Demonstrated public speaker
- Highly developed presentation and analytical skills
- Pro-active/practical thinker
- Ability to travel internally and externally
EDUCATION QUALIFICATION, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a development or communications related field. A Master’s Degree preferred
- At least 5 years professional experience in Resource Development or Marketing, preferably in the development sector
- A leadership style that is consistent with Habitat’s organizational values of humility, courage and accountability
Duration: Through December 2020 (Extendable if funding and need permits)
Location: Habitat for Humanity International Nepal Office, Kathmandu
Reports to: Resource Development & Communications Director
Field Visits: Some travel to project areas
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply with an application letter and updated resume by December 8, 2019 addressed to:
Human Resource Department,
Habitat for Humanity International, Nepal.
E-mail: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.